May 4, 2014 by jllawrence2010
SUNDAY • 12 pm – 6 pm, June 22, 2014
Somerville’s Second Annual Recycled Arts Competition!
Sunday, June 22, 2014
12 pm – 6 pm
Uniun Warehouse, 11 Sanborn Court, Somerville, MA 02143
Artwork: mixed media & open to all categories. Any art medium is acceptable. Entries must use recycled content – either recycled materials or items which can be recycled and should use no VOC paints. Materials may include metals, paper, clothing, rubber, glass and plastic. Use of non-recyclable fasteners such as glue or tape are permitted.
Prizes: 1st Prize – $100 (Adult), 1st Prize – $100 (Youth). 2nd, 3rd Prizes will be donated by our amazing local business sponsors. Honorable Mention Awards for Originality, Creativity and Best Use of Recycled Content. Entries will be judged on educational value as well as overall artistic concept and use of materials. Every entry will receive a Certificate of Recognition.
- Adults and youth may enter the contest.
- One entry per artist and one artist per entry.
- All contestants must complete an entry form due Friday, June 6, 2014 at Midnight. If selected, all entries must be original artwork and must be dropped off by Sunday, June 22, 2014 by 8:30 AM.
- Artwork cannot be larger than 10 feet x 10 feet x 10 feet.
- Entries must use recycled content – either recycled materials or items which can be recycled – metals, paper, rubber, glass, plastic, cloth or other recycled content materials. Paints should be no or low VOC paints.
- Use of non-recyclable fasteners, such as glue or tape, are permitted.
- Copy of entry form must be included on the back of artwork – please do not staple or glue to artwork.
- Entries may include a written description of theme, message and recycled materials used.
- Entries must be in good taste, as they will be publicly displayed. Inappropriate entries will be automatically disqualified.
- Public admission to Trash Bash 2014! is $5 per person. All entrants will receive free admission.
- At least one person must be present at all times to mind your artwork or sign a waiver releasing any liability. Entrants must be present for awards presentation on June 22, 2014, at 4 PM.